eBook Distribution through Apple iBooks
At Acepub we recommend that our authors publish only through Amazon and Apple, because they truly are the two main players in the market. Here are a few reasons why Acepub recommends distributing your eBook through Apple iBooks:
- Apple iBooks is the second most popular platform for eBook distribution, after Amazon.
- Apple iBooks has a truly worldwide reach. iBooks is in 50+ countries, which means that your book can be quickly and easily available worldwide.
- Apple iBooks’ distribution platform is straightforward and easy to use, in the typical Apple way.
- Apple doesn’t charge anything to create an iBooks account or to upload a book for sale. Apple gives 70% of each sale to the author, deducting 30% fee from each book sold.
- Apple iBooks distribution is a must for eBooks for youth, or enhanced eBooks. iBooks supports extras like embedded media, interactivity, narration, and more. Images and typography look beautiful on the high resolution iPhones and iPad screens, and surveys say that young readers are often choosing to read through iBooks on their iPhones.
How to succeed in selling on iBooks
The eBook market is a busy one. As a writer without e-publishing and marketing experience, you must give some forethought to how to get your book noticed on iBooks. Here are five musts for success in distributing your book through iBooks.
- Be sure your manuscript is professionally prepared. Your book should be professionally edited, to avoid unprofessional typos and other errors. Include a copyright page (to protect you on the legal side of things) and a Table of Contents (to make the structure of your book easier to understand).
- Give iBooks the file type it needs. iBooks needs an epub format file. Every eBook made by Acepub is tested and guaranteed to work on iBooks.
- Choose a winning cover. We can’t say this enough: money invested in professional cover design definitely will come back to you in sales. Design professionals with a marketing background, like Acepub’s designers, can draw readers in and make sales happen.
- Write a compelling book description. The description is what potential readers skim before deciding if they should buy your book or not. It must be persuasive, and give a few clues to why your book is worth buying, without giving too much away!
- Choose your categories wisely. iBooks allows you to list your book in three different categories. Think strategically about which categories best suit your book.
How Acepub makes Apple eBook sales happen
At Acepub, we help self publishers be successful distributing their books on Apple iBooks. This starts before you even get to the distribution stage, when we provide eBook creation, making sure your book is professionally formatted and designed. When that’s done, we give you any help you need to distribute on iBooks: Acepub can help you create an iBooks account, write a book description, and upload your eBook. Just let us know, how we can help you distribute your eBook through Apple’s iBooks!